Re: Bugs in Net code

Malcolm Beattie (malcolm.beattie@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk)
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 13:43:47 +0100 (BST)

Alan Cox writes:
> Can people having problems with multicast routing and tunnels try this diff and
> see how it goes. Its a combo of patches several people have sent in. Also
> contains the extra bridge fix.

There is a slight difference in behaviour now but it's still no dice.
mcast (SunOS) and boris (Linux) are on one subnet; plutonium (Linux)
is on another. When I create a tunnel between plutonium and boris, no
multicast applications run on either seem to be able to send across
the tunnel. However, when I send a SIGUSR1 to each mrouted to get them
to dump stats, I now see non-zero "pkts in/out" fields whereas last
time (2.0.1+patch kit) I seem to remember that they were always zero.

When I create a tunnel between plutonium and mcast, sdr sessions
created on boris reach plutonium but sessions created on plutonium
do not reach boris. This behaviour hasn't changed since last time.

--Malcolm

--
Malcolm Beattie <mbeattie@sable.ox.ac.uk>
Unix Systems Programmer