Re: Not a bible thumper. . .

Khan Klatt (khan@pacificrim.net)
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 20:20:04 -0700 (PDT)

At 10:39 PM -0000 7/15/96, Aaron Tiensivu wrote:
>I just did a few 'find's because I was curious.. I'm not suggesting that we
>change these, just something to chew on. The only one that reaches the user is
>the UFS driver.

Let me analyze each one of these..

>./fs/isofs/inode.c:/* Some dipshit decided to store some other bit of
>information in the high

My suggestion: replace with dip(*^$

>./drivers/cdrom/mcd.c: that are supposedly "OUT OF TOLERANCE" (but are
>really shitty presses!)

Replace with crappy.

>./arch/sparc/mm/srmmu.c: * else we eat shit later big time.

make it "bite the big one"

>./arch/sparc/mm/srmmu.c: * this shit off... nice job Fujitsu.

this (*^$ off.. nice job Fujitsu

>./fs/ufs/ufs_super.c: printk("ufs_read_super: fucking Sun blows
>me\n");

"This message brought to you because of a hack from Sun."

Torvalds @#$%ed it up :-)

>./drivers/cdrom/sbpcd.c: CURRENT=req->next; /* task can fuck it up GTL
>*/

task can (*$)^ it up. (or muck)

>./arch/sparc/kernel/process.c: /* fuck me plenty */

/* ride me gently with a chainsaw */

>./arch/sparc/kernel/sunos_ioctl.c: /* Binary compatibility is good
>American know how fuckin' up. */

Either @#$%in' or screwin' up.

What is the point of a comment? To give others insight into what the code
does, and why.

Frankly, without the peppered comments, you might not quite understand just
exactly how badly code has to be hacked to get it to work, thanks to our
friends at Fujitsu and Sun, for example.

However, as Linux will (IMO) become a more legitimate competitor with
commercial OS's, things like this might damage our credibility. It's not a
problem with other companies (which surely pull the same stuff) but they
don't go releasing sources and having it freely distributed...

Just tone it down; the comments are insightful, yet you can be as colorful
without the direct influence of the colorful words.

-Khan