Re: 2 thoughts. . .

Jacques Gelinas (jack@solucorp.qc.ca)
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 10:29:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 Jul 1996, David S. Miller wrote:

> Digital has reason to be forthcoming, they have low market share and
> low margin (check out their recent layoff, that isn't because the last
> few quarters were killer ;-). If I was them I'd be looking for
> something to boost up my sales and make me look good too. Sun has
> tons of market share, they have zero incentive (as a company) to give
________________
> too much of a hoot about something like Linux.

At least, it is much easier to sell sparc based solutions (Even solaris
solutions) to linux houses than to place where the only game in town is
Windows. Once Sun has understood that, it will find out that Linux is the
best friend they ever have.

See the other end, you simply can't stop linux from spreading, and it is
spreading :-) At this rate you are better to say that you work nicely
with linux (which is true for any Unix) than to say nothing.

Jacques Gelinas (jacques@solucorp.qc.ca)
Linuxconf: The ultimate administration system for Linux.
sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/system/Admin/linuxconf-...