Re: _My_ turn for a 2.1 wishlist

DPD@asan.com
Sun, 21 Jul 1996 22:50:26 +0000

> Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 09:02:22 +0100 (WET DST)
> From: Klaus Lichtenwalder <klaus@gaston.m.isar.de>
> To: joot@vnet.ibm.com
> Cc: linux-kernel <linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>
> Subject: Re: _My_ turn for a 2.1 wishlist

I used to work on both AIX 3.1.x and 3.2.x.....I was easily able to
increase the size of filesystem on 3.2....of course there first had
to be available allocated blocks on the "logical" volume first...if
not, then on the volume group....in any case if there was disk space
unallocated then you would increase the size of the volume group, if
needed, then the size of the logical volume if needed, and only then
can the size of the filesystem be increased _on_the_fly_.

This is a great feature which must be used prudently!