Re: Alternate solutions (Was: Re: NFS still has caching problem)

Todd Graham Lewis (tlewis@mindspring.com)
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 01:19:35 -0400

On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, lilo wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
>
> > Because for a network filesystem, and indeed any client/server
> > application, it's probably not worth our collective time to write a
> > Linux-only solution. It won't be able to talk to all of the NFS servers
> > that are running on other platforms.
>
> If there is no good, non-proprietary solution available, there's nothing
> wrong with developing a portable solution under Linux. If NFS simply won't
> cut it, you design something that will. That's what RFC's are for....

cosy.sbg.ac.at with content "subscribe new-networked-fs".

Can we please move all discussion to that list and keep it off of
linux.dev.kernel? This is serious off-topic, now that there is a
separate list for it (and has been for a while.)

__
Todd Graham Lewis Linux! Core Engineering
Mindspring Enterprises tlewis@mindspring.com (800) 719 4664, x2804
According to cnet, the most popular National ISP
http://www.cnet.com/Content/Reviews/Compare/ISP/highest.html