Re: .rhosts for root user

Mon, 29 Jul 1996 19:23:30 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Stramaglia, Carlo wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm not in able to rlogin a remote linux from root account even if I include
> the hostnames in the .rhosts file.

You can't, it's a security mesure.

> With a normal user there is No Problem.
>
> Can anybody tell me if there is a configuration parameter that I have to
> change ?

Well I don't know a way to fix it directly, but installing ssh would let
you do it, and stop people from watching what your doing ....

(ssh is avalable from ftp.cs.hut.fi:/pub/ssh/ssh-1.2.14.tar.gz)
> Thanks
>
> Carlo.Stramaglia@orbit.net

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.