Re: release: mount kernel stack corruption. Aiee.

Sun, 4 Aug 1996 12:33:53 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 4 Aug 1996, Ciro Cattuto wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I found a message you posted in a Linux development newsgroup;
> you were talking about a probable bug in the isofs kernel code.
> I'm currently running Linux 2.0.10 and I experience the very same
> "aiee" which occurred to you ...
>
> did you solve that problem?
>
> ... anyway, I'll start the bug-hunt right now! ;)

Nope, seemed to go away in 2.0.10 (I had the problem in 2.0.9 first), some
people thought it was in the IDE-CD code (there were changes there too),
needless to say it now dosn't happen for the first CD I put in, but it
does for the next (tho the problem that causes the message proberbly
happens the first time too). It dosn't appear fatal, but ....

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ciro Cattuto

I've CC:'d this to linux-kernel as we really should track this down
before the final 2.0 release ....

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.