Re: Linux <-> Apple Laser 16/600 [TCP problems??]

Alan Shutko (ats@shep1.wustl.edu)
Thu, 08 Aug 1996 19:24:44 -0500

MA> We have run a setup of a linux 1.2.13 machine and an Apple 16/600
MA> Laserprinter (postscript) for almost a year now, but when I
MA> upgraded to 2.0.x I suddenly got problems.

I had the same problems here, exactly. LPRng 2.0.something from a
Solaris 2.5 box would work (and still does), wouldn't work from the
Linux 2.0. Neither would the latest LPRng.

My solution was simply to use netatalk (which I have running for LW
Select 360s). Never did figure out why the other wasn't working.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@hubert.wustl.edu> - The Few, the Proud, the Remaining.
A diva who specializes in risque arias is an off-coloratura soprano ...