Re: IDE errors with 2.0.11

mlord (mlord@pobox.com)
Thu, 08 Aug 1996 21:47:04 -0400

Marcel Mol wrote:

> In linux.dev.kernel Kevin M Bealer writes:
>
> >These critters appeared on all the open VC's (or is it VT's?)
> >today. This is with 2.0.11 and a Maxtor 520 MB (about) hard
> >drive, a few years old, IDE.
>
> >hda: write_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> >hda: write_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
>
> Had the same problems last night. I thought it had to do with the APM

Gentlemen, please!!!

Surely you must realize by now that the above scraps of info
are not nearly sufficient to even begin to diagnose the problem.

Let's see boot messages, and a list of IDE hardware (chipsets, drives)
in the systems in question.

For best response, email me. I get the linux-kernel postings
about a week late.

-ml
the Linux IDE guy