Re: Are setuid #!/foo/bar scripts secure in Linux ?

Fri, 9 Aug 1996 12:41:57 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 8 Aug 1996, Zefram wrote:

> >Subject: Are setuid #!/foo/bar scripts secure in Linux ?
>
> Perfectly secure. They run unprivileged.

To elaberate, all scripts that have #!/whatever at the start are
considered so insecure (rightly or wrongly), that the privilaged bit's
are ignored.

> -zefram

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.