Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #456

Wed, 21 Aug 1996 01:48:56 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996 pemso@luxor.latrobe.edu.au wrote:
[...]
> >End of linux-kernel-digest V1 #456
> >
> > subscribe linux-kernel-digest
> >
> >in the body of a message to "Majordomo@Majordomo.vger.rutgers.edu". If
> >you want

Hmm, I think that, that is wrong (the hostname) ...

> >to subscribe something other than the account the mail is coming from,
> >such as a local redistribution list, then append that address to the
> >"subscribe" command; for example, to subscribe "local-linux-kernel":
> >
> > subscribe linux-kernel-digest local-linux-kernel@your.domain.net
> >
> >A non-digest (direct mail) version of this list is also available; to
> >subscribe to that instead, replace all instances of "linux-kernel-digest"
> >in the commands above with "linux-kernel".
>
> dear whoever,
> these messages keep getting sent to our address. please stop sending them.
> yours truly, Joseph
>
> Lesley Humphries

To everyone (well the maintainer ;):
Hmm, as the digest function at vger.rutgers.edu has been broken for so
long (18 months ?, more ?), I think that the list of subscribed users
should be deleted (leaving those who just subscribed).

To Lesley:
Hmm, looks like a user subscribed to the linux-kernel-digest list some
time ago (proberbly before it broke), and now the digests are being
delivered (since it's just been fixed).

You'll proberbly be deleted (with every one else on the -digest list), so
I wouldn't worry.

You can send a message with "unsubscribe linux-kernel-digest <address>" in
the body to majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu. It will be passed to a real
person to deal with if the address given, and the address it's sent from
differ.

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.