Re: patch pre-2.0.17

Richard G. Roberto (richr@bear.com)
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 00:26:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, Peter J. de Vrijer wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Sep 1996, Russell Berry wrote:
>
> > If you read the ftape docs, you'll see that you CANNOT access the
> > floppy while accessing the tape drive. That behavior is kernel
> > independent
> Ok I admit, I was being stupid. But it should not freeze on me.
> It should shout at me 'HEY YOU, YOU CANNOT USE FLOPPY AND FTAPE
> AT THE SAME TIME'. Or something like that.
>
> Peter
>
> |===========================================================|
> | Peter J. de Vrijer e-mail: peter@pa3ebv.ow.nl |
> | werk: pj.de.vrijer@chw.nl |
> | And perhaps the horse will learn to sing |

The same thing happens to me if the termination is removed
from my SCSI bus. I only have two devices on it, a CDROM
and a zip drive. Neither of these is essential, yet when
there is a termination problem, the whole system fries
instead of just getting a SCSI error. Oh well.

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com
201-739-2886 - whippany, nj

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.