Re: Multiple IP addresses under kernel 2.0.x

B.J. Weschke (beej@inet-images.com)
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 13:49:54 -0400 (EDT)

We're currently using 55 aliases on one 16-bit ISA card with no
adjustments and no problems. Our kernel level is 2.0.14 at the
moment. We do a web hosting business that moves several million hits
through the server in a weeks' time. We're very impressed with the
performance and stability of Linux and Apache.

On Wed, 4 Sep 1996, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

> I'm working on a contract job for a client who will need to assign a
> relatively large number of IP addresses to a single network interface. How
> many such assignments are supported under Linux 2.0.x? I've been told that
> the nominal number is 32, tweakable to 64 by appropriate bit-switching in
> the Right Place. We will proabably need in excess of 200 such assignments.
> BSDI supports 256, I'm told, but we're already using Linux and would just as
> soon continue to do so.
>

> Lindsay Haisley (______)
> FMP Computer Services (oo) "The bull
> fmouse@fmp.com /------\/ stops here!"
> Austin, Texas, USA / | ||
> 512-259-1190 * ||---|| * * * * * *
> ~~ ~~ http://www.fmp.com

B.J. Weschke, Technical Dir. <beej@inet-images.com> Internet Images Worldwide
IIW is a full-service WWW presence creation agency--come check us out!!
<A HREF="http://www.inet-images.com/">Internet Images Worldwide</A>