Re: patch-2.0.1[67] kills automount daemon (Berkeley amd)

Swen Thuemmler (swen@uni-paderborn.de)
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 18:19:19 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, Andrew C. Esh wrote:

> Amazing! I have almost exactly the same problem, in a different
> way. After installing amd for the first time last week, I got used to
> having to reboot my machine every morning to get the NFS/amd system
> unfrozen. Sometimes, I could simply restart amd, and all the processes
> waiting for NFS I/O would error out and return. Until then, they would
> all freeze. Only a reboot would fully clear it.

This is probably an amd bug. This bug is fixed at least in the latest
amd-package in the Debian distribution
(.../debian/unstable/source/net/amd_upl102-4.tar.gz, don't know the full
path)
Either use this version or don't define NEW_TOPLEVEL_READDIR when
compiling amd. (amd will hang, when trying to do a readdir in an
automounted directory, e.g. cd /net/ab<TAB> or find /net.)

Hope this helps.

--Swen