Re: Problems with Netscape Installation

Derrik Pates (dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu)
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 15:30:33 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 21 Sep 1996, Martin A. Rubio wrote:

> Sorry, I know this is not the place to make this kind of question, but nobody else has been
> able to answer it.
> I am installing Netscape Navigator 3.0 beta 5 on my Linux 2.0.0, annd get
> the following error when I try to run it after installation:
>
> Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for default background.

I've seen this a lot on certain pages. Generally, from my experience, if
you use 16-bit color or better, the problem goes away. More colors to be
allocated there, of course. Whatever the case, I would suggest using
16-bit color mode (or 32-bit color mode, even) and run Netscape there.
They seem to have fixed the 16-bit and up color problems that 2.0 had.

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

"What'll you two lovable plush toys have?"
"How 'bout a root beer popsicle and an Orange Julius? What about you,
Max?"
"Dishwater! And put it in a dirty glass!"
-Sam & Max
"Fair Wind to Java"