Re: File in wrong place?

paulc@sunsite.unc.edu
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 18:26:03 +0100

paulc@sunsite.unc.edu wrote:

> I'm using Kernal 2.0.16 and have just applied the patches for .17, .18, .19 & 20 (as root) and now the
> following files seem to have "appeared" in my root directory, I'm sure they should be in the "linux/"
> hierarchy somewhere, but where?
>
> Here's what 'ls' gives me (this is /root dir)

> semaphore.S
> semaphore.S.orig
> semaphore.h
> semaphore.h.orig

I've looked at the above, and they contain the i386 and Alpha versions of the file, concated together, so I
removed the Alpha version from the file and then moved it to the place specified in the header, this seems to
have worked and now I'm running 2.0.20. Do I need to upgrade something (patch?) so I don't get this in future
kernels?

Thanks.