Re: Money (was Re: test version of 2.1.0 available (fwd))

Jeff Coy Jr. (jcoy@flash.net)
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 19:47:00 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I _really_ don't want money. You wouldn't believe how frustrating it is with
> personal cheques from the US - in the best case it costs on the order of
> $10-20 USD just to get them cached (*), and that's after arguing about it
> with the bank tellers for 10 minutes.
>
> As to the person who suggested beer - oh Gods. The Finnish customs people are
> all ex-Nazis, and they've gotten a lot grumpier since their austere leader
> shot his brains out. They have a bad day EVERY DAY. Their only joy in life is
> to confiscate alcohol from abroad.

So I've heard. Will you settle for a "Linus is king!" and an honest
offer for a good meal with good beer if you ever make it this way?

Other than that, all I can offer you (and all the developers) is a
great deal of thanks for a great operating system.

jeff