Re: Plea: re-indent the kernel source

Lauri Tischler (ltischler@efore.fi)
Sun, 29 Sep 1996 16:49:21 GMT +2

Anno Domini 28 Sep 96 at 9:14, Marty Leisner wrote:

> In message <96Sep28.094407-0400_edt.112242-27463+766@vger.rutgers.edu>, you w
> rite:
> >And, yes, the Great Implementor made tab stops every 8 characters, but 8 is
> >just TOO BIG for indentation. Your point about limiting nesting level to
>
> I like 8...do we use tabs or spaces?
>
> I agree a uniform indenting is helpful...I also think chopping lines to
> 80 characters is useful (especially these /*************************/ lines)

Having indentation of 8 spaces is plain waste of screen area.
Indentation of 2 or 4 is more appropiate.
Also having indentation of 8 _and_ trying to keep linelenghts < 80 is
impossible.
Printing the Source with current excessive indentation is quite
hopeless.
Apparently the Great White Leader uses _only_ X with _wide_ window
and has access to fine wide lineprinters.
Cheers..

--
Lauri Tischler, Network Admin          Tel: +358-0-47846331
EFORE Oy                               Fax: +358-0-47846500