Re: Problem in compiling kernel

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Sun, 29 Sep 1996 20:20:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Sep 1996, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

> OK, I stand corrected. I guess the messages in the kernel documentation are
> just meaningless. Or perhaps you aren't using the optimizations that bring out
> the problem?

Or the kernel people are just trying to strongly encourage people like me
to upgrade to the latest stuff...but it can work with older libs and gcc.
Since 2.1 requires ELF to compile, I assume I'll be forced to upgrade (at
least one system) to ELF and the latest stuff if I ever wan't to go beyond
2.0.x.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______