Re: Ramdisk doesn't compile on 2.1.0

Bruce Murphy (packrat@iinet.net.au)
Tue, 01 Oct 1996 11:49:52 +0800

AT>Complains that there is no 'lseek' member...

AT>Sorry, I didn't get the compiler error output.. but I have a feeling I'm not
AT>going to be the only one reporting this one.

AT>[Compiling in the kernel, not as a module]

I'm just pulling up the errors now. The kernel seemed to compile okay
once I removed the ramdisk support completely.

rd.c: In function `identify_ramdisk_image':
rd.c:353: structure has no member named `lseek'
rd.c:354: structure has no member named `lseek'
rd.c:373: structure has no member named `lseek'
rd.c:374: structure has no member named `lseek'
rd.c:403: structure has no member named `lseek'
rd.c:404: structure has no member named `lseek'

*bing*

offending code fragment.

if (fp->f_op->lseek)
fp->f_op->lseek(fp->f_inode, fp,

Got it, the fs.h file now has the structure file_operations having a
member llseek, not lseek.

Price of progress and all that.

Cheers,
Bruce.

--
Packrat (BSc/BE;COSO;Wombat II Designer)
Nihil illegitemi carborvndvm.