Re: Help Compiling xntp (fwd)

Paul Matthews (paul@matthews.com)
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 15:57:43 -0400 (EDT)

All,

FWIW, compiling xntpd-3.5-86 is problematic on Linux-2.0.22.

The attached message might be of help to someone else.

Regards,
Paul Matthews
email: paul@matthews.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 96 15:01:10 EDT
From: Mills@huey.udel.edu
To: Paul Matthews <paul@matthews.com>
Cc: stenn@whimsy.udel.edu, mills@udel.edu
Subject: Re: Help Compiling xntp

Paul,

You didn't tell me which machine and operating system you use. I
suspect linux. If so, (1) rename the /usr/include/sys/timex.h
file to something else and start over; (2) complain very, very
bitterly to your linux source and any newsgroups you can reach
to fix the dang problem with that file, which controls the use
of certain kernel modifications which can be used by the daemon.
The next xntp3 release will have this feature disabled, which
will reduce the accuracy somewhat. When linux is fixed, we'll
but the feature back in.

Dave