Re: Announce: Dosemu-0.64.0.3.tgz available on TSX-11

Henrik Storner (storner@osiris.ping.dk)
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 00:05:37 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi Uwe,

> Henrik> osiris:~ $ dos -X -D9+a -o xdump-mitshm.dbg X Error of failed
> Henrik> request: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied )
> Henrik> Major opcode of failed request: 129 (MIT-SHM) Minor opcode of
> Henrik> failed request: 3 (X_ShmPutImage) Serial number of failed
> Henrik> request: 97 Current serial number in output stream: 97
>
> Compile without the X shared memory extenstion and bug Accelerated X why
> they don't ship with that extension. Look for the option you need for
> compiling with "./configure --help"

I did (hmm, I thought I did mention that in my post... yes):

! Since the X error mentioned the MIT-SHM extension (which the server has,
! according to xdpyinfo), I tried recompiling with --enable-nomitshm.
! With this, I get:
!
! osiris:~ $ dos -X -D9+a -o xdump-nomitshm.out
! XIO: fatal IO error 14 (Bad address) on X server ":0.0"
! after 103 requests (102 known processed) with 1 events remaining.
!
! The logfile looks the same as with MIT-SHM enabled.
!
! If I switch to the standard XFree86 S3 server, dosemu works OK. So it
! may be a bug in the server ...

And they do support MIT-SHM (at least, that is what xdpyinfo claims):

osiris:~ $ xdpyinfo
name of display: :0.0
version number: 11.0
vendor string: X Inside Inc.