Re: Definitive Cyrix patch

Mike Jagdis (mike@toaster.roan.co.uk)
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 07:58:14 GMT

In article <Pine.LNX.3.91.961021100417.1483A-100000@toaster.roan.co.uk>, Mike Jagdis wrote:

> This patch is against 2.1.5 *only*. I do not "believe in" putting
>out development patches for release kernels. 2.0.x works quite well
>enough without this, thank you.

Whoopsie... In arch/i386/head.S please move the label chkdevid to just
_above_ the ifdef (you'll see if you look at it).

Incidentally, if anyone is interested Larry Wall's lmbench suggests
that use of VSPM reduces latency and increases bandwidth significantly
on the pipe, UDP and TCP tests. It seems to save a lot when bouncing
through kernel space.

Mike

|  Mike Jagdis                  |  Internet:  mailto:mike@roan.co.uk   |
|  Roan Technology Ltd.         |                                      |
|  54A Peach Street, Wokingham  |  Telephone:  +44 118 989 0403        |
|  RG40 1XG, ENGLAND            |  Fax:        +44 118 989 1195        |