Re: BIOS clock problem

Thu, 24 Oct 1996 22:58:58 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Alessandro Suardi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> since 2.1.3 my BIOS clock stops when I power off the system.
> (ie. rebooting shows clock being set to last power off time
> instead of correct time).
> Is it just a faulted battery or a new kernel feature ? (or my
> brother trying some new Win95 or DOS game doing funny things
> to the BIOS... ?) TIA,
>
> --alessandro

Now that is odd, you should lose the time on power off if the battery is
flat. I think that there could be just enough power comming from it to
maintain the current state, but not enough to let it work. I could be
wrong, but I'd replace the battery ...
Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.