Re: BIOS clock problem

Derrik Pates (dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu)
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 08:22:15 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Juan Cespedes wrote:

> On 24 Oct 1996 20:57:15, Alessandro Suardi <asuardi@uninetcom.it> wrote:
>
> I've had EXACTLY the same problem with 2.0.22, in two
> different machines at the same time, but suddenly one of them started
> working again. I don't know if the other one works ok or not.
>
> It happened when the two machines were one next to the other
> (less than 20 cm), so I thought it could be related to electromagnetic
> interferences...

I had it happen on my machine, back when it was new and had a 486DX/33 in
it. The MB had to be replaced, because the clock chip on the board was
defective. Just a thought (this was before my Linux days tho).

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

"What'll you two lovable plush toys have?"
"How 'bout a root beer popsicle and an Orange Julius? What about you,
Max?"
"Dishwater! And put it in a dirty glass!"
-Sam & Max
"Fair Wind to Java"