Re: scrollback

PC-Ace@iactiva.cl
27 Oct 1996 19:15:38 EDT

taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu wrote:

> Why not swap it to unused video card RAM? Of course, this would
>require that the kernel know even more about video card specific
>internals, which I don't think it does right now. Bummer, eh? Of
>course, you *could* always use the GGI....

>Jon

I see you do a lot of publicity to the GGI project :) Well, I'm sure
almost everybody wants it. All you have to do is convince Linus. Once at
least a part of it is in the standard kernel I'm sure patches will start
coming in. I'd gladly use it if it were at least a compile-time option
(I'm too lazy and too slow-connected to be downloading patches all the
time, and my box is too slow to recompile a lot).

PC-Ace@iactiva.cl