Re: 2.1.6 vs. 2.0.23

Robert Krawitz (rlk@sunspot.tiac.net)
29 Oct 1996 21:45:57 GMT

In article <Pine.3.89.9610291259.A9515-0100000@katric1> Ricardo Kleemann <ricardo@americasnet.com> writes:

On 29 Oct 1996, Alexander Sanda wrote:

> Well, 2.1.6 compiles without problems (including sound support), so I
> did some benchmarking against 2.0.23.
>
> NOTE: I'am running 2.0.23 with Robert L. Krawitz's fast-pentium-memcpy
> patch, so the results for 2.0.23 may be a little bit better than
> expected.

Is this patch going to be incorporated into the kernel? Or where can I
get it? Is it good on a pentium as well as PPro?

I haven't had a chance to modify it for 2.1 yet, but I would like to
see Linus put it in 2.1. You can get it from my web page (see my
.signature below). It works on a Pentium Pro, but only delivers a
marginal speedup.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@tiac.net>           http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net Tall Clubs International -- tci-request@tall.org or 1-800-521-2512