Re: unusual startup messages

aMeTH (shepard@squishy.ameth.org)
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 13:29:42 -0600 (CST)

The way I understand it is that the cryptography (especially ip sec) is
being written by people in charge of S/WAN in finland on a machine that a
company has donated to them. No laws have been written to keep
cryptography from being *imported*, which means that a person should be
able to sit at a console in finland and write all of the stuff they want
to w/o being touched by the feds. Yet another thread: if this machine
will be present in finland for s/wan and ip sec, won't the kernel be able
to be maintained there, also?

For more info on the S/WAN project check out:
http://www.cygnus.com/~gnu/swan.html

| shepard@ameth.org |
| http://www.ameth.org |
| Administrator, Ameth Technologies |