Re: Oops in 2.0.24

Hubert Mantel (mantel@suse.de)
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 11:38:53 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Hubert Mantel wrote:
> >
> > Yesterday I tried 2.0.24. After one hour when I established an ISDN link,
> > I got lots of Oopses. The system kept on running stable, but every "ping"
> > caused another oops. After rebooting the problem was gone.
> > Also, the throughput over the ISDN seems very poor (just tried it and only
> > had about 1.8K/s - normally it's about 7.4K/s). I had no problems with
> > kernels 2.0.0 to 2.0.23.
>
> Did you recompile any modules? If you used old binary modules with
> 2.0.24, you could see some really bad behaviour..

I recompiled all the modules and the kernel. I couldn't reproduce this
behaviour. Since the second reboot the machine seems to run stable. I'm
using the ISDN link quite often and didn't have any problem since then...

I suspect the ISDN card was in a strange state the first time.
Other machines running 2.0.24 do run very stable, too.

Hubert mantel@suse.de