Re: 53c7,8xx vs. 53c8xx?

Sat, 2 Nov 1996 16:14:29 +0000 (GMT)

Hi!

Thanks for your tests.
Can you send the real configuration you used for those tests and the real
results. i.e:

- Kernel version and configuration files
- Hardware descriptions(at leasts what is involved in the tests)
- Results (time or speed).

Just have to be aware that using tagged commands with bad hard disks
decreases performances.
On the other hand, your tests seems to be only sequential IOs.
A hard disk is normally optimized for random IOs as well as sequential IOs.

Please, be as accurate as possible.

Gerard.