Re: Kernel Profiling???? Please explain...

Hans Lermen (lermen@elserv.ffm.fgan.de)
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 18:13:35 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, DPD wrote:

> > > append = "profile=2"
> > > in your lilo.conf if you use LILO).
> I use 'make bzImage', if I append 'profile=2' into my 'LOADLIN'
> command line will it work the same???

Yes.

> > > - make sure you have the System.map file that corresponds to your
> > > kernel
> > > in your root directory (this should be done automatically for
> > > you if you use "make zlilo" to create the kernel)
> How can I assure that I have the proper 'System.map' file???

After a 'make bzImage' you have /usr/src/linux/System.map, you should save
this along with the kernel image. If you boot different kernels, the
'right' System.map should be '/System.map' (maybe via a link).
=
Hans
<lermen@fgan.de>