Re: SMP "Aiee" in 2.0.24

Minjui Huang (huang@cycds5.nscl.msu.edu)
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 21:30:15 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Does memtest86 support Pentium Pro ?
I grabbed memtest86-1.1.tar.gz and installed it to floppy.
However, when I rebooted the machine,
the screen shows : Loading......

MEMTEST-86 v1.1 MemSz-BIOS:64M (<---Should be 128M in my machine)
Testing: 3k-640k Pattern: ( Nothing here )
740k-736k Refresh: Default
1024k-66496k

Then it hung.

This floppy can work in another machine without problem.
(486 DX2-66 with 16M RAM)

Leonard N. Zubkoff said this might be a P6 CPU Local APIC bug.

Minjui