Re: unusual startup messages

Erik Troan (ewt@redhat.com)
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 21:08:17 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Alan Cox wrote:

> > So we have to be really careful about the crypto interface to the
> > kernel...
>
> That is going to be a problem for US distibutors of Linux to worry about. If
> they all go bankrupt or move to Europe then maybe the US will get a clue. A
> lot of crypto companies have already moved out of the US because they can't
> solve the problem.

I just want to voice support for Alan's position here. Red Hat (for example)
is an American company and our dumb laws shouldn't be anyone else's
problems.

---> Insert disclaimer about this being a personal opinion here

Erik

Always hoped that I'd be an apostle. Knew that I would make it if I tried.
Then when we retire we can write the gospels so they'll all talk about
us when we've die. - "The Last Supper" from Jesus Christ Superstar
| Erik Troan = http://sunsite.unc.edu/ewt/ = ewt@sunsite.unc.edu |