Re: Using TRANS.TBL

Hocus Pocus (si@injapan.net)
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 14:43:22 +0900

>Nathan Bryant wrote :
>
>> This is already done in the iso9660 filesystem. You don't have to do
>> anything special; just mount the disc.
>
>Maybe I'm stupid. Ok, I try to mount a CD-Image with
>
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/sdc1 /mnt
>
>the Image was created with mkisofs.

When I mount CDROM, the output from dmesg says:

Max size:328085 Log zone size:2048
First datazone:36 Root inode number 73728
ISO9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It means that the format of the mounted disk is ISO9660 with Rock
Ridge Interchange Protocol (= long file name, uid, gid, etc.) enabled.
I think Linux kernel automatically detect and enable Rock Ridge
Extension and translate file names, etc.

The /dev/sda1 you mentioned is created with Rock Ridge Extension?
Does mkisofs can create Rock Ridge Extension format ?

--
Shigeru IKEDA <si@injapan.net>
Nerima, Tokyo JAPAN

YOW!! I'm in a very clever and adorable INSANE ASYLUM!!