Re: Any Information about Win95 DCC Protocoll and Cable

Alexandre Maret (amaret@infomaniak.ch)
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 23:44:50 +0100

Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> Anyway, I am looking for information on the cable needed to connect and the
> protocol spoken on that cable with Microsofts Direct Cable Connection.
>
> If anyone can point me to something usefull, I would be gratefull.

I once build a cable for PLIP (see the REAME.PLIP in kernel
source) and tried it with MS's soft. If remember correctly,
it worked... but I can't confirm since I can't put the hand
on this little connection box... Anyway, there is not a lot
of configurations possible for such a cable... look for this
file and go ahead.

If you find something about the protocol, let me know...

alex

--
// Alexandre Maret -- Linux : The choice of a GNU generation //