2.1.9 still 'jerky' [was Re: 2.1.8 problem]

Hans Lermen (lermen@elserv.ffm.fgan.de)
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 00:46:11 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

> Christopher Nolan wrote:
> >
> > I just compiled 2.1.8 using the same .config setup as I used with 2.1.7.
> > The compile goes ok, and the kernel installs and boots. However, I now
> > notice a delay, about 1/2 second, when typing in a telnet session. I press
> > the keys, but the don't appear on the screen for about 1/2 second.
[...]
> FWIW, I've noticed the same "jerky" behavior here under 2.1.8. This
> extends to X applications running on a foreign host, too. Something's
> changed..

Also seeing this, and the changes to the net stuff in 2.1.9 seem not to
fix this. This _realy_ is odd, because your fingers come 'out of sync' :-)
Seems as if the the netcode is waiting for more before it decides to sent out.

Hans
<lermen@fgan.de>