Re: Lilo problem after kernel upgrade to 2.0.25

Wed, 13 Nov 1996 12:56:53 +0000 (GMT)

On 12 Nov 1996, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> >>"Bryn" == Bryn Paul Arnold Jones <bpaj@gytha.demon.co.uk> writes:
> Bryn> You did build a zImage didn't you, I think you'll get this
> Bryn> message from LILO if you try to boot a bzImage.
>
> Hi,
>
> Umm, I made a bzImage, and my image boots just fine with
> LILO.
>
> manoj

That's only with resent LILO's, version 19 and over (I think 19, could
be earlyer, but 19 is definatly ok). If you try to use a LILO that dosn't
have bzImage (and initrd) fetures added, you'll not get anywhere (tho I
think you can still dd the bzImage to a floppy ....).

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.