Re: 2.0.0/2.0.25 oopses with buslogic 956C and two 4G seagates ...

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@ibm.net)
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 12:52:51 -0500

Peter T. Breuer wrote:

> Also, right now, I need to figure out how to make a custom slackware
> bootdisk with the decompressing ramdisk trick in it. I could get away
> without figuring out how if I could use a buslogic=pci:no line to the
> one you supplied. So I would have really liked that option!
>
> (if anyone already knows how to make a S/w bootdisk with a
> decompressing ramdisk, please let me know :-).

Grab the 'yard' package from your nearest Linux archive site. It
requires only minimal configuration, and will cheerfully create
"expanding" boot diskettes. I can squeeze nearly 2.5 megs of files onto
a single 3.5" floppy, for instance.

Steve