Re: Cyrix 6x86

B. James Phillippe (bryan@terran.org)
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 22:27:10 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Agus Budy Wuysang wrote:

> I have a Cyrix 6x86 P166+ overclocked to P200+ :)
>
> Now, should I recompile my kernel (and/or other programs) with
> 486, Pentium, or PPro optimization?

I've been building for PPro under recommendation of Cyrix. Also, there
are some really excellent Cyrix patches floating around this mailing list
that do great things for this chip. If you have trouble finding any, I
can send you the one I'm using (by Mike Jagdis; thanks Mike!!). For what
it's worth, I'd really, really... _really_ like to see some of these Cyrix
patches getting into the 2.1 kernel.

-bp

--
# B. James Phillippe # System Administrator <Terran.ORG>
# <bryan@terran.org> # http://w3.terran.org/~bryan