Re: Funky PCI bug.

Ion Badulescu (ionut@moisil.wal.rhno.columbia.edu)
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 19:20:25 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Dan Merillat wrote:

[snip]

> Oh, and before anyone tells me to read include/linux/pci.h...
> the 3940 works fine in most boards... and has been working with linux for
> quite some time. It's just this one old MB that tickles the bug.

There is no way to use a PCI board if the BIOS does not do its job. You
can't even leave it in, as it will most likely conflict (I/O portwise)
with the other PCI boards; the BIOS won't know about it and won't
reconfigure it. As Linux relies entirely on the BIOS for PCI management...
it can't really do anything to prevent such problems.

Ionut

--
Ionut Badulescu - Columbia College '98	    E-mail:ib42@columbia.edu
Phone: (212)853-7875			    Snail mail: 4A4 Wallach Hall