netlink driver patch

Gerd Knorr (kraxel@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 22:55:49 +0100

Newsgroups: linux.dev.kernel
From: kraxel@cs.tu-berlin.de (Gerd Knorr)
Subject: Re: 2.1.11 - SCSI CDROM EJECT not working
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 21:55:42 GMT

Sebastian Benoit <Benoit@stud-mailer.uni-marburg.de> writes:

> With 2.1.11 ejecting the cd via software does not work anymore.
>neither with the eject programm nor workman ... there is no error
>message of any kind. With 2.0.25 and 2.1.10 this does not happen.
>my hardware: Adaptec 2940 + Toshiba scsi cdrom
>btw. i've got the cdrom driver compiled as module. it is inserted
>w/o problems.

Hmm, neither the generic cdrom driver nor the scsi cdrom driver have
changed from 2.1.10 to 2.1.11. Maybe this is due the module trouble
in 2.1.11? What about 2.1.12? Does it work when compiled into the
kernel?

Gerd

Gerd Knorr <kraxel@cs.tu-berlin.de> | http://wwwwbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/~kraxel/

Linux hackers are funny people: They count the time in patchlevels.