Re: SCSI - seagte/fd-850 Questions.

Mike Civil (mike@duncodin.demon.co.uk)
23 Nov 1996 19:38:08 -0000

In article <199611201830.KAA04254@leroy.Tera_std>,
Leslie Donaldson <leslied@std.teradyne.com> wrote:

>Hello,
> I have an 8 bit fd-850 scsi controlloer (IRQ-15) compile options
> -DSLOW_HANDSHAKE _DIRQ=15.
>
> What I am wondering is :
> - Anyone still supporting this code?
> - If someone is still supporting it who do I report errors to?
> - Am I the last person in the world using this piece of code?
> - ( I seem to have this problem hmmm)

Well you aren't totally alone - I use a TMC950MER for all my SCSI kit
(computing on a v. tight budget here:), and I know of a few people who
still use these cards.

I suspect that the seagate code is currently unsupported as I sent a mail to
the original author (Drew Eckhardt), to ask if it would be amended to run
under v2.1. He replied advising that it wasn't a priority for him, which is
a view I can understand seeing how old the code is.

I guess your best bet (and mine) is to switch to an adapter that is more
likely to be maintained due to more people using it, eg Buslogic or Adaptec.

Cheers,

Mike

--
Mike Civil                        Home  : mike@duncodin.demon.co.uk