Re: Accessing copy_to_user() from interrupt handler?

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@nova.noris.de)
25 Nov 1996 08:44:25 +0100

In linux.dev.kernel, article <qm4tii8pyj.fsf@chemie.uni-karlsruhe.de>,
Klaus-Georg Adams <Klaus-Georg.Adams@chemie.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> This brings us back to the problem of kmalloc()ing ca. 1MB reliably. I
> prefer allocating the buffer in the ccd_open() rather than in
> module_init(). And so far there is no way to tell kmalloc() to page
> out a couple of user pages if memory is running low instead of
> failing. vmalloc() works, but then you don't want page faults when
> reading from the CCD.

It seems that vmalloc needs an option to actually allocate the pages it
maps (I was assuming it does that already?).

--
Trapped, like a trap in a trap.
             -- Dorothy Parker