Re: Ok, very stable kernel bug found.

Egor Egorov (lkernel@fastware.kiev.ua)
Fri, 29 Nov 1996 11:53:33 -0300 (GMT+3)

On Fri, 29 Nov 1996, Michael Bruck wrote:

> >> ^^^^^
> >> Каковая сама по себе beta
> = that itself is a beta

Is it ? Well, README from kernel says it's a stable release.

> from rar
> seconds.

> >> А вы часом не меняли LBA на не-LBA или наоборот?
> = Maybe you have changed from LBA to non-LBA or back?

It was non-lba all of the time. So, why stopped it worked one day ? :)

(Yes, your translation is right! :) )

> 1st question:
> Would DOS still run when, when he switched LBA mode? No, because
> this changes the C/H/S-mappings. (But maybe he did fdisk /mbr from
> floppy-booted-DOS). ... If LILO hangs after LI, it failed to
> load the second part of the bootup-code.

When I'm switched to LBA on - lilo works, but DOZ does not. But this is not
a problem - I'll just reformat dos part.

> 2nd question:
> What is the status of Linux' Unicode implementation. Will Linux
> be prepared for the first contact?

:)) As for KOI-8, well, it works in ascii. :))