Re: unusual startup messages

Keith Rohrer (kwrohrer@uiuc.edu)
Sat, 02 Nov 1996 14:48:36 -0600

Ingo Molnar wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Albert Cahalan wrote:
>
> > > Or define the hooks for the drop-ins now. Or something like that.
> >
> > Hooks are against the law too.
>
> if you call them DES or something like that. But if you call them 'cat
> feeding hook #12', then you wont break the law
Seriously, there's no reason why these hooks shouldn't be more generic
than "encryption". Compression, for instance, not that it's needed much
with v.42bis on modems and anything faster than 28.8 being faster than
28.8, but we don't need to tell _them_ that.

Keith

--
"It moved faster.  I swear, they are evolving right before my eyes.  If
you see something this big, with eight legs coming your way, let me