Re: PPP and 2.0.24?? problems? yes! Me too..

Marc MERLIN (merlin@magic.metawire.com)
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 18:45:46 -0800 (PST)

> > merlin@magic.metawire.com (Marc MERLIN) said:
> > >wojtowij <wojtowij@erols.com> wrote:
> > >I'm looking for a heads up on a problem i'm having with PPP and
> > >2.0.24. I recently patched up from 2.0.21 and recompiled and
> > >I'm having problems using ppp on the 2.0.24 kernel.
> >[deleted]
> > Hear me, there is something strange with 2.0.24
> >
> > Marc, back on 2.0.21
> > [deleted]
> > CONFIG_PPP=m
>
> You probably need to recompile and reinstall your modules.
> 2.0.24 breaks modules compiled for previous kernels.

Yep, I know.
I've taken the habit of always compiling like this:
make dep; make clean; make install; make modules; make modules_install

At one time, I suspected the dosemu modules, but I disabled those and it
didn't change anything.

I stepped back to 2.0.23 and it still crashed as soon as I loaded the sound
module. I'll have to do some more investigating to see where it broke.

Marc