Re: IDE CD-Rom module problems under 2.1.18

David Woodhouse (dwmw2@thor.cam.ac.uk)
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 20:52:06 +0000

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Adrian Portelli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile my IDE CD-Rom as a loadable module under
> 2.1.18. When I did a 'make_modules' all was fine until it hit
> ide.c. There were about 3 screen-fulls of error messages all about
> "macro '_basic_version' used with just one arg" in ide.c. My system
> has 2 SCSI hdd's, 1 SCSI CD-Rom and one IDE CD-Rom.

<snip>

Try 'rm /usr/src/linux/include/linux/modules/*.ver'. For some reason,
these don't seem to get rebuilt correctly - their dependencies aren't
right. Delete the offending file (possibly called ide.ver), and rebuild.
It should be OK.

David Woodhouse, (n)talk: dwmw2@dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk
Robinson College, WWW: http://dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk
Cambridge, Email: dwmw2@thor.cam.ac.uk