Re: Serial Console v0.1 ?

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@drinkel.cistron.nl)
12 Nov 1996 20:27:07 +0100

In article <199611121341.IAA03242@neko.binary9.net>,
Nicholas J. Leon <lists-nicholas@binary9.net> wrote:
>This morning, when I flicked on my dumb terminal, I had something
>interesting running:
>
>break>
>
>Which apparently is the prompt for "Serial Console v0.1".

Oh ehm, yes. Nice, isn't it :)

If you're used to working with Suns, Alpha's or Sparcs you know that
pressing BREAK puts you in the monitor. The Linux serial console patch
also does that..

Unfortunately a lot of terminals also generate a BREAK if you turn them
on and/or off. Putting "stty ignbrk < /dev/console" in one of your startup
scripts will probably fix it, unless the getty on your console turns
this on again (in that case, fix the getty or edit /etc/gettydefs if it
uses that).

Mike.