Re: Linux & ECC memory

Fri, 15 Nov 1996 15:24:40 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Eric Horst wrote:

> So my question would be "Does Linux log ECC corrections?". And from the
> really knows; 2) the boards are too new yet and it may come; 3) the
> boards are too brain dead to have a way to report this info and it will
> never come.

Well proberbly all of the above, ie (almost) nobody knows at the moment,
the current boards are too brain dead, but logging will come in time
as they get smarter ....

> I'd be interested in an informed answer as we've got 45 new linux server
> boxes on order with ECC memory spec'd. Lack of kernel knowledge of ECC
> won't hamper us but this support would sure be nice.
>
> --Eric

While we're (sort of) on the subject of new boards, does anyone know how
software power control, on boards that support it, works ?

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.