Re: Limit to number of Mounts? (NFS)

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:13:46 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, James L. McGill wrote:

> When I try to mount my 65th directory via nfs, I get:
>
> + mount -v -t nfs fogel:/tmp/60 /tmp/nfs/60
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on fogel:/tmp/60,
> or too many mounted file systems
> Is there a hard limit to the number of volumes that
> can be mounted via NFS? Why? Where is it documented?
> How do we change it, for example, to have no arbitrary limit?

There is (or was) a hard limit to the number of anythings you could have
mounted at once. I think you need to increase #define NR_SUPER 64
in fs.h.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______